Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ignore trackpad option not working when two users are logged in.

I am using a M1 Pro 14-inch Macbook running on macOS Monterey 12.5.1. This is my daily driver and throughout the day, I log in into both a personal user and a work user. I swap between the two when switching activity, and I think it is better to keep the two logged in.

I also use an Apple magic mouse that I bought around 2018 or 2019. I want to keep the trackpad off when connected to the mouse, thus I turn it off from the Accessibility option.

However, this option seems to be ignored when I logged in into both users at the same time. It works when I restarted the Macbook and logged in into only one account, and the problem returns as soon as I logged in into the second account. Logging out of the second account without restarting the Macbook does not make the feature works.

Anyone have a same problem? I search the internet for this issue, but no one seems to be reporting similar incidents.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 10:47 PM

skeletonwings Said:

"Ignore trackpad option not working when two users are logged in.: In parallel to writing this discussion, I got helped by the Apple Support Team. I was guided to safe boot the Macbook, and so far it seems to work. So as of now problem solved."

-------

If a GUI is Incorrect:

A. Open in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and try opening it. Then boot up normally, attempting this once more. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Application/Utilities" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: on when you came across this issue and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 10:47 PM in response to skeletonwings

skeletonwings Said:

"Ignore trackpad option not working when two users are logged in.: In parallel to writing this discussion, I got helped by the Apple Support Team. I was guided to safe boot the Macbook, and so far it seems to work. So as of now problem solved."

-------

If a GUI is Incorrect:

A. Open in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and try opening it. Then boot up normally, attempting this once more. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Application/Utilities" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: on when you came across this issue and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.

Ignore trackpad option not working when two users are logged in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.