Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone AirDrop does not work

Why doesn’t my AirDrop work

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 4:55 AM

Here are some good trouble shooting tips from Apple Support:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

• Make sure that the person you're sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
  • Check that you and the person you're sending to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Check if the person you're sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If they do, and you’re in their Contacts, they need to have your Apple ID's email address or mobile number in your contact card for AirDrop to work.

If these tips do not work, please provide more details. Are you getting an error message?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 4:55 AM in response to chile1

Here are some good trouble shooting tips from Apple Support:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

• Make sure that the person you're sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
  • Check that you and the person you're sending to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Check if the person you're sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If they do, and you’re in their Contacts, they need to have your Apple ID's email address or mobile number in your contact card for AirDrop to work.

If these tips do not work, please provide more details. Are you getting an error message?

My iPhone AirDrop does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.