Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen and erased iphone

what can a thief do with my erased iphone if they know the password to unlock it? my password is very simple and i’m sure they’ve unlocked it because i can see the location and it’s now connected to a home wifi. is there any way they can get access to my data again without my apple ID password?

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 4:25 AM

if it's erased then it would be as when you first got it as no data no passcode no nothing

but it would still be activation locked so they could not use it

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

unless of cause they scammed you into removing it by pretending to contact you as apple workers or the likes using Phishing 

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails (apple.com)

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 4:25 AM in response to jec317

if it's erased then it would be as when you first got it as no data no passcode no nothing

but it would still be activation locked so they could not use it

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

unless of cause they scammed you into removing it by pretending to contact you as apple workers or the likes using Phishing 

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails (apple.com)

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

stolen and erased iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.