Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set default from address on iPhone

I have multiple email addresses on a single iCloud account (the iCloud email address, a hosted domain, some aliases). Whenever I compose an email on iPhone it sets the From address to the @icloud.com address. I want the From to be from the hosted domain.

How do I do this?

Note that all of these email addresses are on one iCloud account and that is the only active account on my phone.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 4:23 PM

There's only one account so this doesn't work. Don't confuse "email address" with "account"; in this case it's all a single iCloud account with multiple email addresses assigned to it.

I found the answer though. In iCloud, go to Account Settings-> Custom Email Domain. Remove the custom email that isn't being set as default then immediately re-add it. Go to iCloud.com Mail and click the gearbox on the folder list page. Choose Preferences, Composing. There should now be a dropdown to choose the default send address.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 4:23 PM in response to Raicya

There's only one account so this doesn't work. Don't confuse "email address" with "account"; in this case it's all a single iCloud account with multiple email addresses assigned to it.

I found the answer though. In iCloud, go to Account Settings-> Custom Email Domain. Remove the custom email that isn't being set as default then immediately re-add it. Go to iCloud.com Mail and click the gearbox on the folder list page. Choose Preferences, Composing. There should now be a dropdown to choose the default send address.

Set default from address on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.