Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install an .icc profile on my Mac Studio Ultra / Studio Display?

So I just purchased a Studio Display. The current preset is "Apple Display (P3-600 nits). On my other system, a 2019 Mac Pro with a 5k x 2k display, the preset is set to "Generic RGB Profile".

How do I install the Generic RGB Profile so that I can use it on the Studio Display? I'm running it on a Mac Studio Ultra.

Thank you!

Studio Display

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 9:42 AM

I don't think you want to add a new profile -- the ones built into macOS should be better and more accurate that anything you could add from anywhere. But you may want to calibrate it using built in macOS calibration:

Calibrate your Mac display - Apple Support

4 replies

Sep 5, 2022 9:30 AM in response to Imagine

hi, Imagine, the preset you've mentioned should be built into the MacOS, the Generic One, so just go to System Preferences > Displays>Color> display profile, and it should be right there....at least it is on my Mac (Though I don't have a studio)....anyways, here's how to install an .icc profile on a Mac(for monterey). https://www.breathingcolor.com/pages/how-to-install-icc-profiles

hope this helps you a bit

John B

How do I install an .icc profile on my Mac Studio Ultra / Studio Display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.