Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enter password for other iphone

I recently upgraded my iPhone 13 at Verizon and I have gotten logged out of my Apple ID three times now because my password seems to change without me doing so. When I go to change my password I get this window to pop up. The issue is I no longer have access to the old phone as Verizon switched everything over and wiped it. I also don’t have the old phone as a “trusted device” listed either. To go along with this my new phone is “Sara ann 2” instead of just the name like the last one which all makes me think I’m somehow connected to the old phone. How do I fix this?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 7:59 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2022 8:07 PM in response to Ssassy3

You don't need access to the other phone, you just need to supply your other phone's passcode.

This is because the information was copied from the old phone to the new one and is encrypted using the passcode for the old phone, so it needs that passcode to be able to decrypt it for use on your new phone, and you're not using the same passcode that you used to use on your old phone on your new one.

You can change the name of your phone by going to Settings -> General -> About, tapping on your phone's name, and modifying it.

Enter password for other iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.