Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods won’t connect

I reset my AirPods and now they don’t show up under Bluetooth

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 12:16 PM

workinonmytan Said:

"AirPods won’t connect: I reset my AirPods and now they don’t show up under Bluetooth"

-------

Troubleshoot AirPods and Bluetooth:

A. Bluetooth:

Disable Bluetooth on all but one device — the one device you want to synchronize with these with. On an iPhone, if already enabled, the disabled, and then enable Bluetooth. See if it connects.

B. Some Links to Try:

Be certain you read these in full, as it mentioned different models....

C. Troubleshoot the Connection:

Using this via these Apple Support links, troubleshoot this.

D. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

E. Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Use ear tips and a toothpick to remove debris.

F. Perform a Restart:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 12:16 PM in response to workinonmytan

workinonmytan Said:

"AirPods won’t connect: I reset my AirPods and now they don’t show up under Bluetooth"

-------

Troubleshoot AirPods and Bluetooth:

A. Bluetooth:

Disable Bluetooth on all but one device — the one device you want to synchronize with these with. On an iPhone, if already enabled, the disabled, and then enable Bluetooth. See if it connects.

B. Some Links to Try:

Be certain you read these in full, as it mentioned different models....

C. Troubleshoot the Connection:

Using this via these Apple Support links, troubleshoot this.

D. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

E. Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Use ear tips and a toothpick to remove debris.

F. Perform a Restart:

Sep 8, 2022 5:12 PM in response to workinonmytan

workinonmytan Said:

"AirPods won’t connect: [...]Prior to this, I’ve had these for a year and they worked flawlessly. I appreciate any guidance. Thanks"

-------

Get a New Pair...

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You might have faulty AirPods. So, contact Apple, seeing if you can get this replaced. Important: Have your order invoice with you when calling them. Hold old are these. Note that you have a one year, out-of-the-box limited warranty on these. So, if less and one year old, or if you covered AppleCare with these, then see if getting these replaced by Apple would be free of charge to you.  Start here: AirPods Replacement, Service, and Repair - Apple Support

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Sep 8, 2022 10:38 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for the response but none of these suggestions worked. Prior to not connecting, I had no sound from the right earbud so I disconnected the AirPods from Bluetooth on my iPhone 12 and now it won’t recognize the AirPods at all. I don’t get an amber light as suggested only blinking white slowly at first the faster. After 10 seconds or so it stops then starts with one blink then several more then turns green. Prior to this, I’ve had these for a year and they worked flawlessly.

I appreciate any guidance. Thanks

AirPods won’t connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.