Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locate a stolen phone

How to locate a stolen phone using imei? Since the phone was offline. Any other ways plz

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 3:38 PM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2022 5:07 PM in response to Ljazil

If Find My was enabled on the phone before it was stolen you can track it. You cannot track it by IMEI.

Beware of a common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Sep 5, 2022 5:26 PM in response to Ljazil

Ljazil Said:

"Locate a stolen phone: How to locate a stolen phone using imei? Since the phone was offline. Any other ways plz"

-------

Locating a Stollen iPhone:

I. Use Find My: Use the Find My App to Locate a Missing Device or Item - Apple Support

If Find My was enabled on this, then you may be able to find it. Only the last location your iPhone was seen at would show up.

II. If Find My is Not an Option:

A. Backtrack your Locations:

Do it the olde fashioned way and backtrack your locations. For instance, if you were at a retail store, then stop in, asking the store manger if it was placed aside.

B. Lost-&-Found:

Chick with the Lost & Found department of the facility you were in, seeing if it has been handed over.

C. Contact Local Authorities:

See if the community police, or local security guards at the front door, can across it.

D. Use Craigslist:

Put a post on Craigslist, seeing if they have been found.

Locate a stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.