Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drag and Drop in Mail and in Finder

I can no longer Drag and Drop an email from one folder in Mail (the left hand column) to another, and have the receiving folder open up if it has other folders within it. It looks like Apple has added the Move function to Mail. I hope they don't expect us to use that instead. It requires a mouse click every time you have to open lower level folders.

Drag and Drop in Finder is exhibiting the same problem.

I think this behavior started in 12.5 or 12.5.1

By the way, the placement of the Move function in the Mail Toolbar is weird. It includes a text entry box similar to the Search function that wastes space in the Toolbar. The way the Move function UI works should be the same as the way Search works.

I'm running macOS 12.5.1 Monterey in a 2017 27" iMac

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 6:17 PM

If you are talking about Spring Loaded folders, the setting is in the Accessibility System Preferences, Pointer Control.

By the way, the placement of the Move function in the Mail Toolbar is weird. It includes a text entry box similar to the Search function that wastes space in the Toolbar. The way the Move function UI works should be the same as the way Search works.

You should let Apple know. We can't do anything about it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 6:17 PM in response to Throwergb

If you are talking about Spring Loaded folders, the setting is in the Accessibility System Preferences, Pointer Control.

You should let Apple know. We can't do anything about it.

Drag and Drop in Mail and in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.