Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Recover a Deleted Subfolder in Notes

I accidentally deleted most of the information in a subfolder of Notes.

Even though I have iCloud and iCloud storage, I cannot find a "Recently Deleted" items folder, even when I go to the < at the top left of the Notes screen.

Can I recover my recently deleted notes? Is there a back-up folder from a few days ago somewhere?

If I cannot recover the notes, how can I be sure that they will be recoverable in the future?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 5:48 PM

Notes sync to one or more email servers. You can see which ones sync notes by going to Mail/Settings/Accounts and see which accounts list Notes. iCloud accounts have a Recently Deleted folder, but other types of Notes accounts may not. If your notes were hosted on a server that doesn’t support Recently Deleted you cannot recover them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 5:48 PM in response to IrishBard

Notes sync to one or more email servers. You can see which ones sync notes by going to Mail/Settings/Accounts and see which accounts list Notes. iCloud accounts have a Recently Deleted folder, but other types of Notes accounts may not. If your notes were hosted on a server that doesn’t support Recently Deleted you cannot recover them.

Sep 5, 2022 5:43 PM in response to IrishBard

IrishBard Said:

"How to Recover a Deleted Subfolder in Notes: [...]Can I recover my recently deleted notes? Is there a back-up folder from a few days ago somewhere?[...]"

-------

Recovering Deleted Notes:

If you have deleted your notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

How to Recover a Deleted Subfolder in Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.