Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download this version

How do I download an older iOS to my iPhone?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 4:46 PM

5 replies

Sep 5, 2022 4:53 PM in response to Niel

Even if Apple suggest an older iOS then what’s currently being offered? I have an iPhone 7Plus which I’m using for a second phone however, I’m having tons of issues with apps etc. I wanted to update the system to see if that fixes issue however, Apple recommends iOS 14

Sep 5, 2022 5:04 PM in response to la125

la125 wrote:

Even if Apple suggest an older iOS then what’s currently being offered?

Its extremely unlikely for Apple to ever recommend a version other than the most current version supported by your device. Where are you seeing this recommendation exactly?

iOS 16 should be released in the coming days and would make iOS 14 two versions behind current. Not something that would ever be recommended at this point by any one, much less Apple.

Also as previously mentioned, Bar a few exceptions, Apple does not allow installation of any iOS version on a device except the most current it can support, so it would be very stranger for them to be recommending something you can’t actually install.

How do I download this version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.