Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weak security message. Need to change Wi-Fi wpa/wpa2isn’t considered safe

I am not computer literate enough to know how to change from wpa/wpa2 (trip) on my router. On my iPhone and iPad I get same message.

iPad Air 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 5:03 PM

You need to change the router security settings to WPA 2 AES or to WPA3 to stop that message. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have instructions, do an internet search for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provide, check their website.

Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 5:03 PM in response to Crankykitty

You need to change the router security settings to WPA 2 AES or to WPA3 to stop that message. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have instructions, do an internet search for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provide, check their website.

Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Sep 5, 2022 5:07 PM in response to Crankykitty

Who provided you router to you? If it was your Internet Service Provider (ISP), they can advise on whether it is possible to increase the security levels on the product.

If you purchased the router directly from the manufacturer, you will need to get with their support folks.

Note......every manufacturer ships their routers with the highest security possible, so your router is likely already set to the highest level that it can provide.

If the router is 4-5 years old, it is frankly out of date at this time, security wise. Time to replace.

If possible, you would want to raise the level on your current router to WPA2 AES or WPA3.

Weak security message. Need to change Wi-Fi wpa/wpa2isn’t considered safe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.