Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find photos on i cloud from 1995. i can only find photos back to 2020

My iCloud photos only go back a couple years. How do I find older photos?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 7:23 PM

See the article Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

• Time Machine automatically makes hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for all previous months. The oldest backups are deleted when your backup disk is full. The first backup might take a long time, but you can continue using your Mac while a backup is underway. Time Machine backs up only the files that changed since the previous backup, so future backups will be faster. 

See Recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on Mac - Apple Support

If I never set up a back up, then even if I set one up now I won’t be able to retrieve 1995 photos. Is that correct? - very true .

The only back up I set up was I cloud. I thought That saved everything. I was wrong? - no you were not wrong .

See the article Other ways to back up and restore files - Apple Support

Use cloud-based services

Cloud-based services don't require you to connect an external hard drive to your Mac. For example, iCloudcan automatically store your photoscalendarscontactsnotespasswords, and more. And it includes iCloud Drive, which can store documents, desktop files, and other files of your choosing. To access those files, you just need to be signed in to iCloud. Other cloud-based services are available from third parties.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 7:23 PM in response to mrcoopbeach

See the article Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

• Time Machine automatically makes hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for all previous months. The oldest backups are deleted when your backup disk is full. The first backup might take a long time, but you can continue using your Mac while a backup is underway. Time Machine backs up only the files that changed since the previous backup, so future backups will be faster. 

See Recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on Mac - Apple Support

If I never set up a back up, then even if I set one up now I won’t be able to retrieve 1995 photos. Is that correct? - very true .

The only back up I set up was I cloud. I thought That saved everything. I was wrong? - no you were not wrong .

See the article Other ways to back up and restore files - Apple Support

Use cloud-based services

Cloud-based services don't require you to connect an external hard drive to your Mac. For example, iCloudcan automatically store your photoscalendarscontactsnotespasswords, and more. And it includes iCloud Drive, which can store documents, desktop files, and other files of your choosing. To access those files, you just need to be signed in to iCloud. Other cloud-based services are available from third parties.

how do i find photos on i cloud from 1995. i can only find photos back to 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.