Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NFC does not work on my iPhone

I have the most up to date firmware 15.6.1 on iPhone XR, however I cannot scan NFC cards. I have tried NFC Tools and a variety of other apps but have had no success. Does the iPhone still even work as a NFC reader / writer.

I've tried turning off and on, taking out of cover, resetting network settings and some other ideas, but no joy unfortunately.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 4:15 AM

In such a situation, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 4:15 AM in response to hydroxy143

In such a situation, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

NFC does not work on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.