Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X-rated Texts from email addresses

I keep getting spam X-rated text's from email addresses that come through on my message/text app. These have continued to happen for a few month's now and I get at least 3-5 a day. I have blocked the email addresses but cannot figure out how to stop receiving them.

iPhone 13, 15

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 6:24 AM

It sounds as if you're asking how to block messages in the Messages app. See here:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies

Sep 6, 2022 6:24 AM in response to imesssge

First of all, select Settings > Mail then scroll down to Blocked Sender Options. Tap that and make sure the option is set to Move To Trash. This should guarantee that you will not see messages from blocked senders. But the bad news is this … Spammers keep using different variations of an email address and each has to be blocked individually. For example, look at the two below:

• Sender1234@domain.com
  • Sender12345@domain.com

In my experience, if I keep blocking the particularly nasty messages, eventually they stop coming. But it takes a while.

I just thought of one more thing … You can select Settings > Messages then set Filter unknown senders to green (yes). This way at least, your Unknown Sender messages will be in a folder of their own. You will not see them when you open Known Senders.

X-rated Texts from email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.