Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts in wrong format.

I have just returned home to the uk from France and some of my contacts are showing as foreign numbers. When these people ring me is shows their number and then maybe…..

for example my father called me and his normal uk phone number showed up but not his name. I went into contacts and it is showing as ****

when I try edit the number the format stays the same.

I have reset my phone,

turned data roaming off,

update/ reset network settings,

toggled iCloud contacts,

basically most of the things I have found online.

can anyone help?

iphone 13

version 15.6.1

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:54 AM

You can change the country format for addresses and phone numbers using https://www.icloud.com

Note: These changes apply only to Contacts on iCloud.com.

1. Click the Action pop-up menu  in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
  2. Choose a country from the Address Layout menu.
  3. To have Contacts automatically add hyphens and other symbols in phone numbers, select “Automatically format phone numbers.” If you want to be able to enter phone numbers in more than one format, don’t select this option.
  4. Click Save.

Watch this GIF Below

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 8:54 AM in response to AndyLeigh

You can change the country format for addresses and phone numbers using https://www.icloud.com

Note: These changes apply only to Contacts on iCloud.com.

1. Click the Action pop-up menu  in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
  2. Choose a country from the Address Layout menu.
  3. To have Contacts automatically add hyphens and other symbols in phone numbers, select “Automatically format phone numbers.” If you want to be able to enter phone numbers in more than one format, don’t select this option.
  4. Click Save.

Watch this GIF Below

Contacts in wrong format.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.