Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad charges fine, but it blows through the battery in less than 6 hours of intermittent use.

My ipad keeps losing connection with my wireless network. The network is fine, just my less than three month old ipad loses its connection to it. The ipad is also going through the charge on the battery in about 6 hours of intermittent use.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 3:15 PM

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

As for your unexpectedly high battery utilisation, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often clear a stalled process or isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 3:15 PM in response to DLAAP

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

As for your unexpectedly high battery utilisation, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often clear a stalled process or isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

My ipad charges fine, but it blows through the battery in less than 6 hours of intermittent use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.