Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple TV

Why is my apple TV telling me I need to create an iTunes account

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 2:37 AM

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so, which model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Or did you have the Apple TV app on a third party device? If so, which device and model?

To have an Apple ID account that is ready for use with the Apple TV app, that is the same as ready for the iTunes Store. The Apple ID account should have full users details, a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method.

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

Review this support document for steps that still have to be done, or information that needs to be added or validated.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Create an Apple ID on another device

↳ If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 2:37 AM in response to christal133

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so, which model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Or did you have the Apple TV app on a third party device? If so, which device and model?

To have an Apple ID account that is ready for use with the Apple TV app, that is the same as ready for the iTunes Store. The Apple ID account should have full users details, a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method.

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

Review this support document for steps that still have to be done, or information that needs to be added or validated.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Create an Apple ID on another device

↳ If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes

My apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.