Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant i upload my photos in icloud?

Ive subscribed to additional icloud storage of 50gb/month just so to transfer/upload my photos(17gb) to icloud to free storage space because my storage is full. But still photos cant be uploaded to icloud even if i turned on the possible options.

please help me out. What to do?

tnx!

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 5:45 PM

Go to Settings. Tap on your name at the top. Tap on iCloud. Turn on iCloud Photos. Wait for them to sync, with the phone plugged in. Depending on how many photos you have and your Internet connection speed this can take a while.

Note: You cannot delete photos from your phone; if you do, they will be deleted from iCloud also because iCloud is a syncing feature not an archive. However, once they are all in iCloud you can enable Optimize iPhone Storage, which will save lower resolution, smaller photos on your phone but still keep the full resolution in iCloud.

To check that they are in iCloud log in to https://icloud.com/photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 5:45 PM in response to Icebox31

Go to Settings. Tap on your name at the top. Tap on iCloud. Turn on iCloud Photos. Wait for them to sync, with the phone plugged in. Depending on how many photos you have and your Internet connection speed this can take a while.

Note: You cannot delete photos from your phone; if you do, they will be deleted from iCloud also because iCloud is a syncing feature not an archive. However, once they are all in iCloud you can enable Optimize iPhone Storage, which will save lower resolution, smaller photos on your phone but still keep the full resolution in iCloud.

To check that they are in iCloud log in to https://icloud.com/photos.

Why cant i upload my photos in icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.