Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage on Mac won't sync with contacts

iMessage on my MacBook Pro won't sync with my contacts. The contacts app is up to date but iMessage and FaceTime list every number as unknown. I have tried turning iCloud syncing on and off and toggled with each of the apps but I can't get iMessage to sync with the contacts!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 9:12 PM

_help_me_pls_ Said:

"Message on Mac won't sync with contacts: iMessage on my MacBook Pro won't sync with my contacts. The contacts app is up to date but iMessage and FaceTime list every number as unknown. I have tried turning iCloud syncing on and off and toggled with each of the apps but I can't get iMessage to sync with the contacts!"

-------

Fixing Numbers as "Unknown":

Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 9:12 PM in response to _help_me_pls_

_help_me_pls_ Said:

"Message on Mac won't sync with contacts: iMessage on my MacBook Pro won't sync with my contacts. The contacts app is up to date but iMessage and FaceTime list every number as unknown. I have tried turning iCloud syncing on and off and toggled with each of the apps but I can't get iMessage to sync with the contacts!"

-------

Fixing Numbers as "Unknown":

Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

iMessage on Mac won't sync with contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.