You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add card to my AppleID - problem to verify

Hi community!

I want to add my new credit card to my AppleID and make it standard for payment. But Apple doesn’t let me enter the CCV numbers. It just says that I need to update my info because those are missing, but I have entered them again and again. Any ideas? I would imagine my bank would ask me to enter some security as well.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 11:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 11:41 PM

Probably you have the wrong Country / Billing / Shipping Address in the Apple ID. This should be the same as the issuing Bank Country.

Scroll Down to the Payment and Shipping Section

Tap on Edit

You will be given both Billing and Shipping Addresses to edit.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2022 11:41 PM in response to Nerheim

Probably you have the wrong Country / Billing / Shipping Address in the Apple ID. This should be the same as the issuing Bank Country.

Scroll Down to the Payment and Shipping Section

Tap on Edit

You will be given both Billing and Shipping Addresses to edit.

Sep 7, 2022 4:20 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for swift reply.

I have followed your instructions and everything is looking good.

The problem is that the 3D security does not activate when I add my new cards. It activates when I log on to my bank and do other purchases, but not in AppStore/AppleID.

I have restarted my phone to see if that helps, but same problem.

My bank can see the issue when I try to add the cards. They can see that Apple try to make an tiny “purchase” to verify the card, but it fail because of lack of 3D security validation. I never get to enter it.

Add card to my AppleID - problem to verify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.