Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please help me get my emails back they just disappeared

How do I get emails back on my iPhone 7as emails just disappeared from iPhone for no reason

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:57 AM

Ellewitch1 wrote:

How do I get emails back on my iPhone 7as emails just disappeared from iPhone for no reason

No, your emails disappeared for a reason. You just don’t know what that reason is yet.

• Email syncs to an email server, so if you delete an email account (or turn it off in Settings/Mail/Accounts) all of the associated emails will disappear also.
  • If you have a business email account your company IT department can also terminate your account, and all of the emails will disappear.
  • If you change the password for an email account your phone will stop being updated, but emails already on your phone will remain
  • If you access your email on more than one device (such as an iPhone, an iPad or a computer) if you delete emails from one device they will be deleted from all devices.

To narrow down the problem, what kind of email account is it (iCloud, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Verizon, etc)?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 6:57 AM in response to Ellewitch1

Ellewitch1 wrote:

No, your emails disappeared for a reason. You just don’t know what that reason is yet.

• Email syncs to an email server, so if you delete an email account (or turn it off in Settings/Mail/Accounts) all of the associated emails will disappear also.
  • If you have a business email account your company IT department can also terminate your account, and all of the emails will disappear.
  • If you change the password for an email account your phone will stop being updated, but emails already on your phone will remain
  • If you access your email on more than one device (such as an iPhone, an iPad or a computer) if you delete emails from one device they will be deleted from all devices.

To narrow down the problem, what kind of email account is it (iCloud, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Verizon, etc)?

Sep 7, 2022 6:47 AM in response to Ellewitch1

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

please help me get my emails back they just disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.