Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning Globe connected to wifi

Trying clean computer to pass on to my son . I can’t restore ? I have managed to get onto my wifi network with spinning globe by Starting with Command R .. nothing proceeds ? What to do ? 2013 Intel on I think Big Sur

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 7:06 AM

A globe with an exclamation mark symbol means that your Mac has tried to start up from macOS Recovery over the internet but was unable to. Find out what to do if your Mac can't start up from macOS Recovery.

If you see the globe and alert symbol, try these solutions:

• Make sure your Mac can connect to the Internet. If you aren’t prompted to choose a Wi-Fi network during startup, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu , if available.
  • Press Command-R at startup to try using the built-in Recovery system instead of Internet Recovery.
  • Connect to the Internet using Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi, or vice versa.
  • Connect to the Internet from a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network. Your network configuration may not allow the Internet access that macOS Recovery needs.
  • Try again later, because it may be a temporary issue.
  • Start up from another disk or volume, if available, or use a bootable installer to reinstall macOS.

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 7:06 AM in response to Derby_Towers

A globe with an exclamation mark symbol means that your Mac has tried to start up from macOS Recovery over the internet but was unable to. Find out what to do if your Mac can't start up from macOS Recovery.

If you see the globe and alert symbol, try these solutions:

• Make sure your Mac can connect to the Internet. If you aren’t prompted to choose a Wi-Fi network during startup, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu , if available.
  • Press Command-R at startup to try using the built-in Recovery system instead of Internet Recovery.
  • Connect to the Internet using Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi, or vice versa.
  • Connect to the Internet from a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network. Your network configuration may not allow the Internet access that macOS Recovery needs.
  • Try again later, because it may be a temporary issue.
  • Start up from another disk or volume, if available, or use a bootable installer to reinstall macOS.

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support.

Spinning Globe connected to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.