Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Aiirs is short 20 GB to install Monterey IOS

My Macbook Air is short 20 GB to install Monterey IOS. Help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 6:50 AM

First, please review Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support and Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

If you are still unable to create sufficient space for the upgrade after exhausting all those steps, the workaround is to create a Time Machine backup, completely erase the Mac, install the latest version of macOS (read • below), and finally transfer the contents from that Time Machine backup when asked. To learn how to use Time Machine please read Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 6:50 AM in response to JOTK2

First, please review Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support and Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

If you are still unable to create sufficient space for the upgrade after exhausting all those steps, the workaround is to create a Time Machine backup, completely erase the Mac, install the latest version of macOS (read • below), and finally transfer the contents from that Time Machine backup when asked. To learn how to use Time Machine please read Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support.

My Macbook Aiirs is short 20 GB to install Monterey IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.