Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't connect an external monitor.

Why can't my mac see the monitor, I connect it via factory usb-c.

Monitor LG WQ600-W.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 12:47 PM

If your display is blank or not detected

Try these steps if you don't see an image on your display.

Check your cable or adapter

Disconnect the cable from your external display from your Mac, then reconnect it. If the cable from your external display doesn't connect to the ports on your Mac, you can use a USB-C or Thunderbolt adapter. If you're using a USB-C or Thunderbolt adapter to connect a display, the adapter must be compliant with DisplayPort Alt Mode or Thunderbolt / USB 4.

Check how many displays you can connect

If you're connecting multiple displays to your Mac, use the Tech Specs page to find out how many external displays your Mac supports.

1. Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac, double-click your serial number, then press Command-C to copy it.
  2. Go to the Tech Specs page, click the Search Tech Specs bar, press Command-V to enter your computer's serial number, then click Search.
  3. Click the specs page for your Mac. The number of displays your Mac supports appears under Video Support or Graphics.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 12:47 PM in response to AleksZ8

If your display is blank or not detected

Try these steps if you don't see an image on your display.

Check your cable or adapter

Disconnect the cable from your external display from your Mac, then reconnect it. If the cable from your external display doesn't connect to the ports on your Mac, you can use a USB-C or Thunderbolt adapter. If you're using a USB-C or Thunderbolt adapter to connect a display, the adapter must be compliant with DisplayPort Alt Mode or Thunderbolt / USB 4.

Check how many displays you can connect

If you're connecting multiple displays to your Mac, use the Tech Specs page to find out how many external displays your Mac supports.

1. Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac, double-click your serial number, then press Command-C to copy it.
  2. Go to the Tech Specs page, click the Search Tech Specs bar, press Command-V to enter your computer's serial number, then click Search.
  3. Click the specs page for your Mac. The number of displays your Mac supports appears under Video Support or Graphics.

I can't connect an external monitor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.