Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iPhone 14 have dual or more eSIMs from multiple countries?

I just preordered the iPhone 14 but now I see that it does not take any physical SIM card. I use the dual sim so that I can have the eSim for my USA number and the physical SIM for my number that I have at another country where I spent a good amount of time . What happens now?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 8:47 PM

This is good, but will dual eSim support two active phone lines simultaneously as I have on my iPhone 13? For instance, if I have an eSim for a US Carrier, is it possible to have an eSim (dual line) activated in a second country?

7 replies

Sep 7, 2022 8:03 PM in response to Morbla

I am in slightly different situation. I have also dual carrier on my iphone 13 currently. But both are US carriers. I am using ATT on my physical SIM and Verizon on eSIM because my region does not have good coverage from a single carrier and I have to switch between the two carriers as and when needed.

Will iphone 14 allow me to do this?

Sep 7, 2022 8:20 PM in response to hvs69

hvs69 wrote:

I am in slightly different situation. I have also dual carrier on my iphone 13 currently. But both are US carriers. I am using ATT on my physical SIM and Verizon on eSIM because my region does not have good coverage from a single carrier and I have to switch between the two carriers as and when needed.
Will iphone 14 allow me to do this?

Yes. You will just use one eSim for AT&T and one eSim for Verizon.

Sep 8, 2022 11:55 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I just posted about this on another thread. Yep. Roaming is the only option; but, roaming is orders of magnitude more expensive than a local SIM card.

Even with a roaming plan the per minutes and the per megabyte charges are downright obscene. By contrast, an unlimited everything plan costs less than 40 dollars in most countries.

In Mexico I use Telcel. The service and price are fantastic; If I could I would switch my entire service to them. Two reasons why I can't:

1- I need a US number for my US banking texts and 2 factor authentication needs.

2- You need to be a permanent resident, or a citizen of Mexico to have a "contract" plan instead of a pay as you go plan. FM2 or FM3 visa only. As an American I get a FMM visa easily; it literally takes 5 minutes.

The other visas take too much time and effort to pursue. They need loads of documentation and take months of consulate, and ministry interviews.

Can iPhone 14 have dual or more eSIMs from multiple countries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.