Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac is old 10.10 yosmite iOS - how to turn-off two-factor authentication - old iOS no provision for two-factor

iMac is old 10.10 yosmite iOS - by mistake two-factor authentication turned on when signed-in from someone's iphone, later signed-off from that device, removed that iPhone from my Apple-ID devices list. Still two-factor authentication is flaring, any help?

Unfortunately don't have phone or other. Only apple product i.e. iMac 10.10 yosmite. Interestingly can not put the six digit code on iMac when needed for apple store apps installation

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:38 PM

See the information in the "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?" and "What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?" sections of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

4 replies

Sep 7, 2022 6:57 PM in response to SiohmServ

1: After two weeks’ enabled or if enabled when the Apple ID was created, two-factor authentication cannot be disabled.

2: Yosemite can be used with two-factor. If your Apple ID password is ABCDEF and the two-factor code received is 123456, enter your Apple ID password as ABCDEF123456

3:Any Mac running Yosemite can be upgraded to El Capitan, which gets you out of this whole case.

4: You can receive two-factor codes on Android, other phones, or landlines.

iMac is old 10.10 yosmite iOS - how to turn-off two-factor authentication - old iOS no provision for two-factor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.