Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should i worry about my Memory usage?

I have 8GB of ram, i mostly use chrome for my tasks. Though recently for some reason I have been bothered by that fact a few times my ram usage is 6.3GB out of the 8GB, though I take a look at the memory pressure bar and it is light green and it appears to be small.

Should I worry about my memory usage? I do keep a few apps open like steam, terminal, and iTunes while I use my Macbook. Does macOS manage the memory usage? Do i ever need to worry about the memory usage? The pressure bar is full green and appears to be okay. When i check for RAM info, Should the pressure bar be the one i should monitor?

I assume everything is fine because of my RAM capacity.

(IDK why this is not leaving my head, it's always been like this, but for some reason, i am worrying too much about it. That's why I'm here, to get some knowledge so I stop getting so worried.)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 1:43 AM

As long as the memory pressure remains green you're fine. You might consider using a different browser other than Chrome. It uses the most resources of any browser. Brave on the other hand is a chromium-based browser like Chrome but much more frugal when it comes to using memory and respects your privacy, unlike Chrome.

https://brave.com/

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 1:43 AM in response to Cyflor-N-Ac

As long as the memory pressure remains green you're fine. You might consider using a different browser other than Chrome. It uses the most resources of any browser. Brave on the other hand is a chromium-based browser like Chrome but much more frugal when it comes to using memory and respects your privacy, unlike Chrome.

https://brave.com/

Should i worry about my Memory usage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.