Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I unable my subscription to Netflix or update the billing payment through apple

Hi

I am unable to update my Netflix subscription. When I login onto Netflix on a browser under the account section it shows my billing is through apple. And when I try to update the subscription it tries to open apple music which goes round and round as if its trying to open it but nothing loads.

Furthermore I have also checked on my iPhone my account settings and under subscriptions it shows none.

I have also tried logging on the iTunes store on a browser and can't see any subscriptions there. I simply cannot cancel this account.

I had a discussion with the apple and Netflix chat support and Netflix say they can't do anything as the subscription is through apple that's what it says on the account. And that the email id which I'm using is an apple id account it's showing on the Netflix account section too. But when I login to apple music or iTunes with that apple id I simply cannot see any subscriptions for it. Even apple support chat said the email id in question has no subscriptions to it. I just don't understand why this is happening I can't see the billing it gives an error that this feature is not available right now. I can cancel the membership it says please try again later something went wrong.

This Netflix account was originally setup in 2017. So I can't remember I actually set it up and since then I have been using new Apple IDs I even gave those to apple support and they said they can't see the subscriptions on any of the 3 IDs I provided.

I really need help with this as at this stage I just want to change the payment method to my card only and for it to not go through apple or even cancel the membership.

I don't understand why this is not possible and why it's so difficult to do.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 7:26 AM

Talha,

Probably best to focus on getting Apple to cancel it. The multiple Apple ID situation complicates things, but if Apple is the one billing you, then they must have a subscription somewhere. See if this helps at all: If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

3 replies

Sep 8, 2022 5:35 AM in response to Community User

Talha,

As of a couple of years ago, Netflix and Apple had a "divorce," and Netflix will not accept new or rejoining members that bill thru Apple. It is not supposed to affect existing customers, but there have been many reports of things getting messed up. Please read the info in here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/25097 You may decide that the easiest thing is to cancel the Apple-based subscription and start a new subscription directly with Netflix.

Sep 8, 2022 6:21 AM in response to ed2345

Hey

thanks yes I checked this but I still can't seem to cancel the apple subscription i guess I'll have to contact the app developer to get somewhere just unreal as it will continue to charge me untill someone really looks into it.

Thank you again ☺️

Why am I unable my subscription to Netflix or update the billing payment through apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.