You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to use the MagSafe Duo charger on a metal surface?

I recently got a MagSafe Duo charger, and I'd like to use it on my bedside table, which is made of metal. I've previously used a single MagSafe charger on the table with no problems. However, the Duo sticks to the table like a magnet, whereas the single MagSafe charger doesn't (unless I flip it upside down, so the charging side is touching the metal surface).

The instructions for the Duo say, somewhat vaguely, "Place your MagSafe Duo Charger face up . . . on a flat surface, clear of any metal objects or other foreign material." Does that rule out a metal table? I thought it might, but someone asked a similar question about a MagSafe charger that stuck to a metal table, and the answer was that it was probably OK. Is there a definitive answer?

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 12:55 AM

1 reply

Is it safe to use the MagSafe Duo charger on a metal surface?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.