Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use iPhone 14 outside of the US with no sim slot?

With a new Iphone 14 no sim slot is provided and supports for e-sim, then how can I use Iphone outside the US?

to avoid cost, how can I remove the e-sim in the US and insert new e-sim to the phone during travel outside the US?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 4:20 PM

It works like it always has, though only with carriers offering eSIM.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

This is the exact opposite case with dual SIM, but again this works exactly the same (save two eSIM and not two SIM).

Using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards - Apple Support

If you need to swap with third or fourth carrier, you will need to re-read your eSIM QR code or such to re-load the swap.

In short, same as always, but with a re-scan of a QR or however your carrier loads the plan, and not by swapping nanoSIM hardware.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2022 4:20 PM in response to Stvn98

It works like it always has, though only with carriers offering eSIM.

This is the exact opposite case with dual SIM, but again this works exactly the same (save two eSIM and not two SIM).

Using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards - Apple Support

If you need to swap with third or fourth carrier, you will need to re-read your eSIM QR code or such to re-load the swap.

In short, same as always, but with a re-scan of a QR or however your carrier loads the plan, and not by swapping nanoSIM hardware.

Sep 10, 2022 4:01 PM in response to Stvn98

The iPhone 14s can store up to 8x eSIM profiles (Carrier + Phone # combinations) …

… and use 2x of them simultaneously. (The origin of the term “Dual SIM”)

An eSIM is provisioned over-the-air (OTA) by your selected carrier; you then simply select which profile(s) to use from your phone’s screen.

It’s described and illustrated in some detail here:

Sep 10, 2022 4:01 PM in response to Stvn98

kinda tough to say for sure without an iPhone 14 to poke around and play with..

I am using an eSIM with AT&T right now on a 13 Pro.

If I go to Settings > Cellular, AT&T is listed there.. and there is a toggle switch for Turn On This Line.

I suspect when you have multiple eSIMs.. there would be multiple listed and when traveling, you could turn off that switch to deactivate that eSIM?

How can I use iPhone 14 outside of the US with no sim slot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.