Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my photos are gone on my camera roll but is saved on my icloud. How do I bring the photos back to my iPhone?

All my photos are gone on my camera roll but is saved on my icloud. How do I bring the photos back to my iPhone?

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 11:13 PM

If you had enabled iCloud Photos and then if you delete Photos and Videos from the iPhone then it is deleted from iCloud Photos too, and vice-versa. Also, it is deleted from all the devices that use the same Apple ID.

And if you happen to take a backup either over iTunes or iCloud after deleting Photos and Videos all the photos are deleted from the backup (iCloud/iTunes) too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 11:13 PM in response to H0EDT

If you had enabled iCloud Photos and then if you delete Photos and Videos from the iPhone then it is deleted from iCloud Photos too, and vice-versa. Also, it is deleted from all the devices that use the same Apple ID.

And if you happen to take a backup either over iTunes or iCloud after deleting Photos and Videos all the photos are deleted from the backup (iCloud/iTunes) too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.