Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I log myself out of Apple ID for kids?

I’ve created my child’s Apple account. I can see it on my phone. But on my old iPhone it has both of our Apple ids. Do I log out of mine on there? Will it keep his on there?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 8:36 AM

If the phone is going to be his, you need to log out of Settings/Your Name on the phone. Before you log out, make sure you turn Find My Phone off. When he logs back in, make sure he turns Find My Phone on. If he is signed in other places, he shouldn't be signed out.

Or if you want to give him a clean phone, follow the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device.  *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 8:36 AM in response to Vberz

If the phone is going to be his, you need to log out of Settings/Your Name on the phone. Before you log out, make sure you turn Find My Phone off. When he logs back in, make sure he turns Find My Phone on. If he is signed in other places, he shouldn't be signed out.

Or if you want to give him a clean phone, follow the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device.  *

Do I log myself out of Apple ID for kids?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.