Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded four movies that I own to my 4th generation iPad running iPad OS 15.6.1. The movies will not play. I’ve tried being logged in on the appletv app, logged out, in airplane mode, etc. I would like to watch these on an upcoming flight.

I downloaded four movies I own to my 4th gen iPad running OS 15.6.1. The movies will only play when connected to Wi-Fi and I’m logged into the appletv app. I’d like to watch these on a plane. Can I do that?

iPad Air 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 8:19 AM

Yes. Be sure that you have actually downloaded the film (download arrow) and that you are playing the downloaded item. You can test by downloading the film and then turning off WiFi.

1 reply

I downloaded four movies that I own to my 4th generation iPad running iPad OS 15.6.1. The movies will not play. I’ve tried being logged in on the appletv app, logged out, in airplane mode, etc. I would like to watch these on an upcoming flight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.