Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV network - won't allow me to set password

I have changed my network and am trying to set my Apple TV (2016?) to new network. After I select the new name, it immediately tell me I entered the incorrect password. BUT it did not give me a screen to enter ANY password. I tried restart. No difference. Hoping to avoid RESET. Other Wifi networks near my home are also listed, along with my new one, and, when selected, ask me to enter a password. Only the network I want won't ask for a password. What's going on?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 1:25 PM

1. If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. Verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use WPA2/WPA3 Transitional.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 1:25 PM in response to JerryG52

1. If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. Verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use WPA2/WPA3 Transitional.

Apple TV network - won't allow me to set password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.