Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone set up for child/parents' Mac password requested

Setting up my child's new iPhone. They have an iCloud account that is in my "family" as a child account. In the course of setting up, it asked for my Mac's password. It also asked for my iCloud password, which makes sense I think since many apps were purchased on my iCloud account and shared with him, but I was a bit surprised by the request for my Mac password. Is this standard? Parental controls are turned on, so I guess it is fair enough for it to assume that I am involved in the set up and can provide my password.

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 6:51 AM

I suggest you browse the links in this document:

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I cannot think of why it would ask for a computer password. If this is really the case then maybe Apple can advise you about this.

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2022 6:51 AM in response to SG8765

I suggest you browse the links in this document:

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I cannot think of why it would ask for a computer password. If this is really the case then maybe Apple can advise you about this.

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

iPhone set up for child/parents' Mac password requested

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.