Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot airdrop from books app

-I can Airdrop his books from my iPhone to my Mac 3 days ago

-Today, the AirDrop option just disappeared on the share window on the iPhone

-I have 2 different Apple ID accounts on my Mac and iPhone that is why I cannot use iCloud for syncing

-I can still airdrop pdf from the books app though

How can I transfer the books from iPhone to mac?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:58 PM

Books purchased from the Book Store under the Books app will sync automatically if you log in to the Mac using the same Apple as that of the other device where you have made the Book purchase. You can't transfer them.

3 replies

Sep 11, 2022 4:17 PM in response to miyalung

From my experience, it’s a copyright thing. Publishers limit the number of copies of ebooks that you can have on different devices under the same name/ID. To complicate this further, publishers also limit the number of books/files that you can transfer to another ID. Many cannot be “lent” at all. The expectation is that the other person/ID has to purchase their own copy. It sound like this is the issue here. It does not matter where you purchased the ebook.

Cannot airdrop from books app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.