Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro M2

I updated my laptop and it never turned back on.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 9:03 PM

athenahehe Said:

"unfortunately i’ve tried all of these, i just received this macbook back from apple due to a cracked screen and when i opened it i updated it and it never turned back on"

-------

Contact Apple support:

If you just go this back from Apple after having it serviced, then you need contact Apple Support, requesting that you get this looked at.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 9:03 PM in response to athenahehe

athenahehe Said:

"unfortunately i’ve tried all of these, i just received this macbook back from apple due to a cracked screen and when i opened it i updated it and it never turned back on"

-------

Contact Apple support:

If you just go this back from Apple after having it serviced, then you need contact Apple Support, requesting that you get this looked at.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

Sep 9, 2022 8:23 PM in response to athenahehe

athenahehe Said:

"macbook pro M2: I updated my laptop and it never turned back on."

-------

Does it charge? Is the switch flipped on the wall?

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Sep 9, 2022 8:48 PM in response to athenahehe

athenahehe Said:

"yes, i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, charging it on different blocks, nothing has worked"

-------

Thank you fro the followup reply.

Use the following....

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

macbook pro M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.