Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro 16 will not bluetooth pair with my iphone X. The iphone says that this is not supported.

My MacBook Pro 16 will not bluetooth pair with my iphone X. The iphone says that this is not supported. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know the cause and how to fix it.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 11:33 AM

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a computer has never been supported.

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2022 11:33 AM in response to rwbenson

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a computer has never been supported.

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

My MacBook Pro 16 will not bluetooth pair with my iphone X. The iphone says that this is not supported.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.