Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes windows alphabetize new purchased songs in purchase playlist

When I buy a song from iTunes it puts them in a purchased playlist. I would like iTunes to alphabetize each song as it is placed on the list. It used to do that. Now I find it doesn't. How can I get iTunes to do that for me.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 12:58 AM

If you're referring to the automatic Recently Added Playlist, there is no option to show songs in alphabetical order.

However, if you create your own Smart Playlist, you can arrange it as you wish. To create the Playlist:

• click on File / New / Smart Playlist. A panel like the one shown below will appear:

• Click on the Artist drop-down menu and change that to Date Added. (This will cause the next box to change to is, but that's fine)
    • change the second drop-down (which now says is) to is in the last
    • change the number box (that will appear) to the number of days you would like to be included. The Playlist will now look like the one shown below:

• click OK
    • the playlist's name will be highlighted in blue, so that you can rename it to whatever suits you (it must be unique though)

Now that the Playlist exists, you can arrange the songs into alphabetical order by:

• clicking on View / Views As / Songs
    • then click on View / Sort By / Name

That's it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 12:58 AM in response to karin252

If you're referring to the automatic Recently Added Playlist, there is no option to show songs in alphabetical order.

However, if you create your own Smart Playlist, you can arrange it as you wish. To create the Playlist:

• click on File / New / Smart Playlist. A panel like the one shown below will appear:

• Click on the Artist drop-down menu and change that to Date Added. (This will cause the next box to change to is, but that's fine)
    • change the second drop-down (which now says is) to is in the last
    • change the number box (that will appear) to the number of days you would like to be included. The Playlist will now look like the one shown below:

• click OK
    • the playlist's name will be highlighted in blue, so that you can rename it to whatever suits you (it must be unique though)

Now that the Playlist exists, you can arrange the songs into alphabetical order by:

• clicking on View / Views As / Songs
    • then click on View / Sort By / Name

That's it.

iTunes windows alphabetize new purchased songs in purchase playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.