Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download apps

Why do I have to pay for my subscriptions to download an app. I have no money and I need this app for work?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 3:21 PM

This is a requirement through Apple is to be able to have a payment method whether it has any funds on it whatsoever to be able to download apps. More of a safety precaution to make sure they get paid for the ones that you’re actually subscribing to and that you’re of age to buy certain apps to cover them legally etc.. If you have a debit card or any cash card meaning Apple Cash card that you can put funding on a Dollar will work you should be able to download all the apps you want. And you may be able to set up Apple Cash as your payment method to download the apps as well. I had Apple Cash as my main payment method and I was able to download apps no problem

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2022 3:21 PM in response to Sienna1995

This is a requirement through Apple is to be able to have a payment method whether it has any funds on it whatsoever to be able to download apps. More of a safety precaution to make sure they get paid for the ones that you’re actually subscribing to and that you’re of age to buy certain apps to cover them legally etc.. If you have a debit card or any cash card meaning Apple Cash card that you can put funding on a Dollar will work you should be able to download all the apps you want. And you may be able to set up Apple Cash as your payment method to download the apps as well. I had Apple Cash as my main payment method and I was able to download apps no problem

I can't download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.