Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus shuts down unexpectedly and battery decreases

My iPhone7plus always shortdown unexpectedly and On back and the battery will decrease from it normal percentage

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 12:05 AM

Onyenna Said:

"My iPhone7plus always shortdown unexpectedly and On back and the battery will decrease from it normal percentage: The battery health is 100%,but it’s still shortdown unexpectedly mostly when watching videos"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Power Drain:

Does it die while you are not using it? Or are you making calls, and using its media services, while this is happening. All seems fine, if you are using this non-stop, on a continual basis.

Links On Troubleshooting the Battery:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 12:05 AM in response to Onyenna

Onyenna Said:

"My iPhone7plus always shortdown unexpectedly and On back and the battery will decrease from it normal percentage: The battery health is 100%,but it’s still shortdown unexpectedly mostly when watching videos"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Power Drain:

Does it die while you are not using it? Or are you making calls, and using its media services, while this is happening. All seems fine, if you are using this non-stop, on a continual basis.

Links On Troubleshooting the Battery:

Sep 11, 2022 2:18 AM in response to Onyenna

Onyenna Said:

"My iPhone7plus always shortdown unexpectedly and On back and the battery will decrease from it normal percentage: I noticed that the battery is swallowing up but the the battery health is still on 100%"

-------

What do you mean "swallowing up"?

A Corroding Battery?:

If you mean that this is enhancing in side, phicially, then it is corroding. You should see about getting this replaced. Let it sit aside, as it is a health hazard.

To Get this iPad Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple replace a screen.

Contact Apple:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPad

Sep 10, 2022 11:21 PM in response to Onyenna

Onyenna Said:

"My iPhone7plus always shortdown unexpectedly and On back and the battery will decrease from it normal percentage"

-------

View the Battery Health:

Seems you have a failing battery. So, view the Battery Health. Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

iPhone 7 Plus shuts down unexpectedly and battery decreases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.