Related Article: If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay for child

I try to add Apple Pay for my 14yo son but when I click ADD it says “Payment cards are not supported for this account”. All recommended settings has been done already. Maybe he has some restrictions?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 1:20 AM

Hey there,

You mentioned the age of 14, this would be the issue. In order to add cards to the Wallet app to use for Apple Pay, you would need to be 18 or older. If you're already using Family Sharing, you can use the Apple Cash option to send money to their Apple Cash account that they can use for purchases. You can find more info on setting using that option here: Set up and use Apple Cash Family

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 1:20 AM in response to konrad282

Hey there,

You mentioned the age of 14, this would be the issue. In order to add cards to the Wallet app to use for Apple Pay, you would need to be 18 or older. If you're already using Family Sharing, you can use the Apple Cash option to send money to their Apple Cash account that they can use for purchases. You can find more info on setting using that option here: Set up and use Apple Cash Family

Apple Pay for child

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.