Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TouchBar malfunction

MacBook Pro (13 inch, M1, 2020)

MacOs Monterrey 12.5.1

Touch Bar appear pixelated or with a green bars. commands are no longer visible. The Touch Bar is responsive. Problem is intermittent. Sometimes, the Touch Bar appears normal at the beginning and then the problem appears when waking up from sleep. Sometimes the malfunction occurs immidiately when I turn on the computer.

tried stopping the Touch Bar server from the activity monitor, command window, restart in recovery or in a different user, reinstalling MacOs in recovery mode.

First occurrence of the malfunction does not appear to be associated with a system updates or the download of a new application. It happened suddenly.

I suspected that the issue is connected to the high levels of humidity in the atmosphere. But humidity was still comfortably within operational parameters.

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:33 AM

hani1972 wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I have tried safe mode and the problem persists. The problem does not appear to be related to a Login Item.
I don't know if it is related but I have been also experiencing crashes. in the crash report termination reason is listed as: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 5 Trace/BPT trap: 5

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

if no resolve—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  Apple Support

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 4:33 AM in response to hani1972

hani1972 wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I have tried safe mode and the problem persists. The problem does not appear to be related to a Login Item.
I don't know if it is related but I have been also experiencing crashes. in the crash report termination reason is listed as: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 5 Trace/BPT trap: 5

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

if no resolve—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  Apple Support

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Sep 11, 2022 7:04 AM in response to hani1972

hani1972 wrote:

MacBook Pro (13 inch, M1, 2020)
MacOs Monterrey 12.5.1
Touch Bar appear pixelated or with a green bars. commands are no longer visible. The Touch Bar is responsive. Problem is intermittent. Sometimes, the Touch Bar appears normal at the beginning and then the problem appears when waking up from sleep. Sometimes the malfunction occurs immidiately when I turn on the computer.
tried stopping the Touch Bar server from the activity monitor, command window, restart in recovery or in a different user, reinstalling MacOs in recovery mode.

First occurrence of the malfunction does not appear to be associated with a system updates or the download of a new application. It happened suddenly.

I suspected that the issue is connected to the high levels of humidity in the atmosphere. But humidity was still comfortably within operational parameters.

The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

If no resolve try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

TouchBar malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.