Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I edited my apple id and was advised i dont lose anything and i still paid mymonthly storage fees. I had this appe id for months and paid additional storage and lost everything. How is this possibleig it was backing up to the cloud???

So why did 8 yrs of my life from my apple iD , i backed up because i had large space and i bought additional space that was debited from my account every month.

my apple if was compromised and then i was told to change my apple ID as it was my email address i had all the years since a teen. Hence me changing the ID because obviously i got comprised as my email was the same.

the thing is everything is gone and apple is t helping me when they advised changed apple id immediately .

and this is a lifetime of my life just gone and i paid for the additional services to not lose. I chose device iphone 7plus but i had the models before but it was that device that was getting compromised.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 6:01 AM

Did you change your ID (Change your Apple ID - Apple Support)

Or, create a new ID?

If you created a new ID all of your "stuff" is still attached to the old ID and always will be. If you change your ID following the process outlined, your information will be attached to the new ID.

1 reply

I edited my apple id and was advised i dont lose anything and i still paid mymonthly storage fees. I had this appe id for months and paid additional storage and lost everything. How is this possibleig it was backing up to the cloud???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.