Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWatch not measuring vo2 Max

I have iWatch 7 and have been wearing it since November 2021. I run every week, and I am currently training for a marathon but no matter what I do, it won't measure my vo2 max. The watch app is set up properly but when I go into Health and into Cardio Fitness it says that no devices are sharing data. I set it up when I got the watch but it hasn't recorded any data. A few days ago, I tried re-pairing the watch to see if that would make it spring to life, but no luck. My privacy settings are correct and it records all other heart related data. What do I need to do to make it work?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:53 AM

Possible Solutions for Vo2Max not recording

1.Tighten the watch band a touch and clean the sensors on the bottom of the watch..

2.Reset fitness calibration.

3.Input a VO2 max figure manually based off your last record from the health app then re-calibrate the watch.

4.Put the watch in airplane mode,do a walking/running or hiking workout of at least 20 minutes,when you've finished turn airplane mode off and let the watch sync the data to the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 7:53 AM in response to 2yearsaDane

Possible Solutions for Vo2Max not recording

1.Tighten the watch band a touch and clean the sensors on the bottom of the watch..

2.Reset fitness calibration.

3.Input a VO2 max figure manually based off your last record from the health app then re-calibrate the watch.

4.Put the watch in airplane mode,do a walking/running or hiking workout of at least 20 minutes,when you've finished turn airplane mode off and let the watch sync the data to the phone.

iWatch not measuring vo2 Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.