Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime across devices “waiting for others”

I am no longer able to FaceTime my Other devices (iPad, Mac book) from my iPhone since this new update. How can we resolve this issue?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 11:06 AM

Kris1205,

Thanks for the reply. For clarification, it's not possible to call your own Apple ID, so there might be something else to look at in your settings.

Try tapping Settings > FaceTime on your iPhone, and then scroll down to the "You Can Be Reach By FaceTime At" and "Caller ID" sections. Is your phone number appearing there, or your Apple ID? You might need to double-check and ensure your phone number shows: Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps, and have a good one.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 11:06 AM in response to Kris1205

Kris1205,

Thanks for the reply. For clarification, it's not possible to call your own Apple ID, so there might be something else to look at in your settings.

Try tapping Settings > FaceTime on your iPhone, and then scroll down to the "You Can Be Reach By FaceTime At" and "Caller ID" sections. Is your phone number appearing there, or your Apple ID? You might need to double-check and ensure your phone number shows: Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps, and have a good one.

Sep 12, 2022 10:28 AM in response to Kris1205

Hello Kris1205.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. If you're unable to FaceTime using your iPad or MacBook, we'd like to help out. We can recommend some steps you can try to sort this issue out. First, if you're unable to FaceTime on your iPad, follow the guidance listed here: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1.) Make sure that your device has a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet or a cellular-data connection.
Learn more if you're using router, firewall, or security software that restricts Internet access. 
2.) If you're trying to use FaceTime over cellular, make sure that Use Cellular Data is on for FaceTime. Go to Settings and tap Cellular or tap Mobile Data, then turn on FaceTime. If you're using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data.
3.) Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that FaceTime is on. 
-If you see "Waiting for Activation," turn FaceTime off and then on again. Learn what to do if you can't activate FaceTime.
-If you don't see the FaceTime setting, make sure that Camera and FaceTime aren't off in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps.
-Make sure that you have the correct phone number or email address listed. 
4.) Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.
5.) Restart your device.
6.) Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

For Mac, we have an additional resource and steps we'd like to share with you. Click here: If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

1.) Make sure that you can sign in at appleid.apple.com. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID or forgot your Apple ID password.
2.) Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Date & Time and select “Set date and time automatically”. Click Time Zone and make sure that the settings are correct. 
3.) Make sure that you've installed the latest software updates.

The resource also has information for camera, microphone and call quality issues. We hope these steps help you. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Best of luck.

Sep 12, 2022 10:53 AM in response to Vilas_S

This did not correctly address the issue I identified. Devices that are under the same Apple ID can no longer FaceTime each other. I can no longer call my iPad from my iphone (same Apple ID). It does not ring. It’s simply says waiting for others to join. My FaceTime works perfectly fine when I am calling any other device that does not share the same Apple ID.

FaceTime across devices “waiting for others”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.