Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I remove my id address from blacklists?

How can I remove my id from a blacklist? I was given the link to mxtoolbox.com from bluehost that shows my ip is on 2 blacklists and that is why I can't get into my cpanel.

They say it is not blocked on their side, but when I try to get into the cpanel it says refused by bluehost.

On the blacklist from mxtoolbox.com it is on these 2 - SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN

Is there something else I can do?

The only option xfinity says is to send me a new modem.. ..

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:57 AM

That means your internet service provider is using IP addresses (servers) that are on the blacklist because there are too many spams originating from those addresses (most likely reason). It has absolutely nothing to do with your ID - it is the IP address your ISP is using for their internet traffic. One way to help is to reset your modem - leave it unplugged for at least 1 - 2 minutes. When you plug it back in, it will look for an IP address and will hopefully get a different one assigned (I used to write down the "bad" ones and then the good ones if this worked just to keep track. My old ISP used to use at least two IP addresses that were on the blacklist of many sites and I'd have to deal with this until we changed providers. If Comcast is your ISP, they are the ones doing it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 9:57 AM in response to CGS-BMC

That means your internet service provider is using IP addresses (servers) that are on the blacklist because there are too many spams originating from those addresses (most likely reason). It has absolutely nothing to do with your ID - it is the IP address your ISP is using for their internet traffic. One way to help is to reset your modem - leave it unplugged for at least 1 - 2 minutes. When you plug it back in, it will look for an IP address and will hopefully get a different one assigned (I used to write down the "bad" ones and then the good ones if this worked just to keep track. My old ISP used to use at least two IP addresses that were on the blacklist of many sites and I'd have to deal with this until we changed providers. If Comcast is your ISP, they are the ones doing it.

Sep 11, 2022 6:36 PM in response to CGS-BMC

There is more than one ISP not interested enough to enforce their own rules and canceling service for customers who ignore the rules and send out mass mailings of spam or scam attempts. That results in the "having been abused" IP address being added to a blacklist and the innocent customer being blamed. Ours was not comcast, but Centurylink. And they actually told me to use the workaround instead of dealing with the bad guys.

The internet ain't what it used to be!

how can I remove my id address from blacklists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.