Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change family member DOB

I put the wrong date of birth for my kid when setting up his AppleID and enrolling him in my family sharing. I can’t find how to change the date. Any help?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 10:12 AM

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Change Birthday or Birthday. 
  4. Update your birth date, then tap Done. If you're changing a birth date for a child, learn what to do

Change a birth date for a child

To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing

1. Update the birth date.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
  3. Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request. 

*Age varies by country or region. If you need to change the birth date for a child, contact Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 10:12 AM in response to mamatroll

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Change Birthday or Birthday. 
  4. Update your birth date, then tap Done. If you're changing a birth date for a child, learn what to do

Change a birth date for a child

To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing

1. Update the birth date.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
  3. Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request. 

*Age varies by country or region. If you need to change the birth date for a child, contact Apple Support

Change family member DOB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.