Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why macOS Monterey needs my permission to open system preferences?

Hello,

Why macOS Monterey asks my permission every time to open system preferences?

Is there anyway to unable this? I feel like I'm back to MS windows, sorry.

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 3:25 AM

Your title seeemed to suggest that you got that when launching System Preferences directly - that would be strange.

But now we see that you are clicking a link on a website, and getting a confirmation dialog. That is a security feature.

And it's not like you would need to do this often.

AFAICT, everything is working as designed.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 3:25 AM in response to rami.k

Your title seeemed to suggest that you got that when launching System Preferences directly - that would be strange.

But now we see that you are clicking a link on a website, and getting a confirmation dialog. That is a security feature.

And it's not like you would need to do this often.

AFAICT, everything is working as designed.

Sep 12, 2022 2:15 AM in response to rami.k

If the user has Navigated to this web address How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support (CA) there are 5 Listed Steps.

Step 3 in that list is as per below

Download macOS Monterey

If you're using macOS Mojave or later, you can get macOS Monterey via Software Update: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Software Update.

Or use this link to open the macOS Monterey page on the App StoreGet macOS Monterey. Then click the Get button or iCloud download button.

Sep 11, 2022 2:20 PM in response to rami.k

What is being presented in a Web Browser image from Safari ( Native Apple Browser ) and you appear to have clicked on " UpGrade Now " which has prompted the Pop Up " Do you want to allow this page to Open " System Preference"

If you what to upGrade from macOS ?? to Monterey - Yes allow it to Open System Preferences and follow the prompts

🇨🇦

Sep 11, 2022 3:20 PM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for your prompted reply. My concern is why Apple OS started acting the same way as MS Windows, non sense questions or pretending doing a lot non sense securities etc.... ? when we click on upgrade, it is means we want to upgrade right? Anyway, it seems that I have no choice since I hate Windows and love Apple. I'm using Apple since 2009 and I will never, so far back to Windows and I'm Apple promoter. Im also Apple troubleshooter. All I needed is hearing my positive critic, sorry I should have explained more clearly before. Thanks again for your time Sir.

My best regards,

Sep 11, 2022 4:21 PM in response to rami.k

Thanks for your prompted reply. My concern is why Apple OS started acting the same way as MS Windows, non sense questions or pretending doing a lot non sense securities etc.... ?

Why would you want any random website to be able to open anything on your Mac?

There is no way for it to know that request came from a "legitimate" website.

Why macOS Monterey needs my permission to open system preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.